This is what they put into tea bags

Posted by Robert Godden on February 8, 2012

This is a salutory lesson about the evils of teabags.

It starts here:

And gets worse:

And these guys aren’t finished:

Yet more indignity:

And this guy could almost be a Beast of Brewdom, if he moved to loose leaf.

(Thanks to @Jackie for pointing these out)

Robert Godden

Certified Tea Nutter. Blender. Author of "The Infusiast" and Tea "Stories"

Latest posts by Robert Godden (see all)

12 Comments

• teapages says:

Now I’m angry. I come to you expecting to be educated, ranted at, and motivated to take my tea drinking to a new level. Do you know what you did here? You just got me to watch 2 1/2 of these painfully awful adverts before I realized that that’s all there was. Really? I will never be able to get those wretched things out of my mind. As a punishment I am considering sending you three crates of tea bags. Good day, sir.

• Jackie says:

I wonder which 2.5 you watched @teapages? I suppose the first ones. I chuckled at the “wild horses” one picturing our Beasts here, sitting by their laptops pounding their chests. The last couple were a bit unpleasant. Not nice towards women who buy shoes and color their hair. Quite unsuitable for any decent blog.
    So, just right. Right?

• jopj says:

Well another tea brand bites the dust or is it appropiately called fannings?

• Erik Kennedy says:

If I find that there are always indignant comments left at Beasts of Brewdom, I may, you know, start to read it.

• teapages says:

I am so glad that Erik appreciated my indignation. I might have to comment more frequently. Let me try again…

Because you have just encouraged me to watch several excruciating commercials extolling the virtues of Lyons Tea then I will henceforth be tweeting on a daily basis that “Tea companies should only send tea bag forms of their product to The Devotea henceforth.” And again I say, good day, sir. Harumph.

(This is fun.)

• Xavier says:

I guess this is what you call having some English sense of humor.

• Jackie says:

The above videos show mere beginners. No real stamina. This is what really happens when you overdo on tea bags:

• Peter says:

‘Cue dumpy looking teabag….”

• […] this is what they put into tea bags […]